Itinerary for the 14th National Cadillac Allante XLR Show in Savannahs Ga.
October 18-22, 2017
Wednesday, October 18th, we will leave New Jersey hopefully by 4Pm so by the time we hit Washington Dc it should be around 7pm where we should drive by it without any stoppage. At this time we need to stop for some dinner, Cracker Barrel is a good place at 17115 Dumfries Rd, Dumfries Va. 22025. https://locations.crackerbarrel.com/va/dumfries/239/
If all goes right, we will be seated by 7:30pm. We should be back on the road by 8:45pm. Our next stop will be the Sleep Inn & Suites, 270 N Equity Dr, Smithfield, NC 27577. https://www.reservationcounter.com
Thursday, we should leave the hotel by 9:30am, by 12:30 we should be at Craig’s Place. Yelp has it as a really nice NY Deli. https://www.yelp.com/biz/craigs-place-cafe-and-deli-santee-2
Back on the road by 1:45 and at the Host hotel Savannah Marriott Riverfront, 100 General McIntosh Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401 by 4PM.
Once settled in, we will meet at the hotel bar at 6:45pm for what it was told to me as one of the best dinners ever… “The Fried Lobster Dinner” at the Old Pink house. http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/the-olde-pink-house/ Then after dinner and at 9pm, we will do what they call the “Pub Crawl” Thursday will be a great night, hope you can make it.
Friday, at 9am, we will do a hop on hop off bus tour. https://www.viator.com/tours/Savannah/Savannah-Hop-on-Hop-off-Trolley-Tour/d5166-5046SAV_OTT?pref=02It’s only a 90 minute tour if you stay on to see everything. But I think this what we should do… Stay on to see the whole tour. Then as they do the 2nd run, you can hop off anywhere you like and then later get back on. As for lunch, pick a place. There a ton of them, just don’t pick the Pirates House because that’s for dinner.
Friday night, at 6pm, we will meet at the bar at the hotel where we will head to the Pirates House, http://www.thepirateshouse.com we hear it’s another very good place but it’s haunted and speaking of being scared, after dinner we will take a Ghost tour ride through their city. S https://www.trolleytours.com/savannah/ghost-toursso hold on…
Saturday, Allante Day / XLR Day … this is what it’s all about. Theses 2 cars made a lot of friendships over 24 Years. And we plan to keep it going… official judging start by 9:30 most of the cars will already be lined up already. I’m not sure how many of my Allante I will take down, but as always at CAC events, they will be null and voided for the competition. The judges and you will have plenty of time to pick your favorite ones. Then by 12pm we will leave the hotel and caravan with our Allantés and XLR’s to visit Wormsloe Plantation. http://www.savannah.com/exploring-wormsloe/It’s only a 16 minute drive but before we get there, we will stop for lunch At the Driftway Café https://driftawaycafe.com and across the street there is a great Jalapenos Mexican and a Sandfly Barbeque restaurant, because we don’t want you getting hungry while you’re visiting Wormsloe.
Saturday night, dinner will be served in one of the Marriott Hotels ballrooms by 7pm and awards will follow. There will be a cash bar on hand for your convenience, so drink up, you’re not driving… I’m really trying to provide you with some entertainment like I did at the last National meet. We brought you one of Philly’s top comedians. But because it’s too far, please don’t hold me to it. I’ll do my best…
Just a few notes….
The itinerary is as close as its going to be. As always, we get owners asking all kinds of questions. Here are some of them…
- When can I book my room? I like to apologize because I jumped the gun. I thought they told me Friday. But I just got the word; it will be ready today 6/21/17 at 3pm.
- It’s too far. Yes it’s far but it’s a traveling trip, you plan on the way up and back. There are a lot of things to see. I know one couple are going to Myrtle Beach on this same trip
- Is anyone trailing their cars? Not that I know. But it you’re interested in doing so and would rather fly down, let me know because others may like to do the same.
- I want to go but no car or I want to take my Allante /XLR but I don’t want to drive alone. No problem, we have members in the same situation. Let me know and well put you together
- I would love to come but I cannot take my Allante/XLR. It’s fine, I have been to ½ a dozen Allante shows without my car and I still love it. You get to see what other have done to their cars because you have a lot of time to focus because you’re not wiping down your car.
- How we going to get around, I don’t want to drive my Allanté. Were not. we will use Uber or lift or cabs, so don’t forget to download the necessary Apps.Years ago when I was there we walked all over. We’ll see if we still can.
- I don’t understand a special trophy for the 25th anniversary of the 1992. This year the 92 Allante turned 25 years old. So hence the special Trophy.
- I can’t make all 3 days. Its ok, you welcomed to make any part of this event.
- I am not a member of the www.CadillacAllanteClub.com . That is ok too; we understand there are a lot of clubs that take dues. Just make sure you pay the one that you prosper from.
- It’s expensive to go to these events. Of course it is.Some think of it as a car show. It really not because if it was, you won’t meet my wife there. But since this is more of a social gathering where you see old and new friends, my wife will be there ready to tour the city and eat up…
- Can I use my Marriott points? Yes you can, they told me if will go toward the room block so the contract will be honored.
- I would like to book a room at another hotel. Yes it’s your right to do so, but let me tell you first hand, it’s always better to stay at the host hotel because you don’t have to rush. The tour bus will only come to the host hotel. And you will have to pay 21.00 to park every time you come. It’s always nicer to stay where the action is.
- Some of the Restaurants are pricey.Yes they are, but most people love to go to nice places when there on vacation. And this is a mini vacation more than it is a car show. You may opt out and catch us later.
- And lastly, if anyone needs anything done, let me know because my son Andrew may join us and he will need to know what parts and tools to bring. It also depends on how many respond
Thank you, and please keep in touch….. Johnny Monzo 609-634-6518